1 April 2012

depth of field technical exercise - attempt 1

After completing our first required technical exercise this morning (which is depth of field) and then discussing it with Ruth in class - I would like to do it over again. I was using my 18-55mm lens and the  f/stop range with this lens is 5.6 - 32. Also my choice of placement of the items on the table didn't provide a large depth of field behind the items to perhaps clearly demonstrate it enough. So I have decided to re shoot it again using my 50mm lens where the f/stop range is 1.8- 22.

f/stop 5.0

f/stop 32
What I did notice using this lens and being able to go up to a much wider aperture was the lovely grainy effect coming into the quality of the image at f/stop 32. An effective setting to perhaps use later to evoke the feeling of memories, a concept I will be exploring soon. So a useful exercise all round. I may still submit this exercise as I was also able to shoot each aperture with a range of different ISO's to examine this difference as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment